Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Friday, August 9, 2019

The latest on Helen and a quick update on what's to come




The latest Helen video.  Her chicks are now SIX WEEKS OLD!  I am beginning to let customers know they will be ready for sale in November.  But until then, we'll continue following their adventures and watching them grow.

My next video will be a compilation of the critters around here.  Just need to make the time to do it.

Pretty soon we'll be getting our hay in for the winter and looking to get winter pens ready.   I'll also start writing my Christmas letter.  Yup.  I start it in September.  What?  🤣

My Christmas letter has been around for many, many years, beginning when my children were very small.  We would receive Christmas letters from friends talking about their Swiss Alps vacation and how 5 year old Buffy and 6 year old Nigel were already on the fast track to Harvard.  I looked around at our crazy life and decided I needed to send out a 'real' Christmas letter.   And so I did.  I've been writing them ever since.  They caught on and - well.  Here we are.  Perhaps one day I'll compile them into a book.

Another thing right around the corner is my son's wedding and a long, long, loooong overdue vacation!!!  Weeeee!!!!  That reminds me!  I need to hire a house/farm/critter sitter!  That's always a fun and interesting undertaking.  Five pages of notes and multiple walk throughs.  Our farm sitters definitely EARN their pay. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment