Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Monday, July 22, 2019

Today was a zucchini kind of day...


'Tis the Season!!!

For supper we had Zucchini Casserole, Buttered Zucchini, and then Zucchini “Bread” for dessert.  And I STILL have four more zucchinis on my counter - and more to pick tomorrow.  Yup.  It’s that time of year!

I served it all with Jasmine Rice and everyone loved it.

Recipes below if you want them!  The pics are mine.  We had this for supper tonight. :)

Zucchini Casserole

I received this recipe from a friend many, many years ago and am unsure where she got it. I’ve  since tweaked it to suit my families taste. They love it for supper but my son claims it’s great COLD for breakfast. Hmmm... You can let me know  about that. Ha!  

Here’s the recipe!

Zucchini Casserole
STICK TO RECIPE!!!

       about 2# zucchini - smalls are better
       6 eggs beaten slightly 
           (I use 5 if using duck eggs)
       3/4 cup whole milk
       1 1/2 pound Jack Cheese, grated
       3 tsp. Baking Powder
       6 slightly heaping tablespoons flour
       Salt to taste

Combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, baking powder and flour. Stir in zucchini.  Place in buttered two-quart casserole.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown.

Notice my STICK TO RECIPE note? I copy/pasted this recipe directly from my file. That note is for me.  For reasons that defy any kind of good sense, I tend to stray from the very clear directions of perfectly good recipes.  Some of the resulting travesties have been quite spectacular.  So.  On many of my recipes I put this little REMINDER for myself.  Sometimes I listen.  Sometimes. 


Buttered Zucchini



The buttered zucchini side is simply zucchini boiled until tender with added butter, salt, and pepper to taste.  It's yummy and a great way to use up some of those extra zucchinis!







As for the Zucchini Bread, it is from Paula Deen.  Need I say more?  Shockingly, it has no butter, but it sure has everything else.  Here is a link:  https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/zucchini-bread/  But seriously.  You can’t call this bread.  It’s CAKE, folks. Or maybe even candy it’s so moist and yummy.  But there is no calling this bread. 😉 
Combining the dry to the wet ingredients.


I use a BUNDT pan as I don't have any loaf pans! LOL!  Works just fine!




Pure YUM!  This picture just doesn't do it justice.  I'll have to take a pic of a slice.  It is sooo moist and delicious.  BTW, I don't put nuts in my recipe.  My fam does not like them.  Other than that, I stuck to the recipe!  (Actually, I'm thinking adding some RAISINS might be good! HA!)  Oh, and yes!  I know it's upside down.  Rebekah thought it looked better this way so we went with it!



As for the rest of the day, my daughter Rebekah and I headed to town and picked up chick feed, game bird feed, horse feed, and – some chairs sitting beside a dumpster! SCORE!  My son and his fiancé can use them.  They are getting married in a few months and these will come in handy until they can afford something else. 


We unloaded the chairs and the feed and did afternoon chores.  BTW, our duck has a pool. Chickens have a bowl. Anyone want to guess where the duck swims?  You would be correct!She was having a grand old time. Will have to get a picture next time.

2 comments:

  1. I have never eaten Zucchini in my life. I don't even know how it tastes :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's a summer veggie here that is VERY prolific. We have to get creative trying to come up with different ways to use it. :)

      Delete