Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Friday, July 19, 2019

Helen Update and a Heat Wave

I was able to get some more video of Helen and her crew of 30 on Wednesday,  just before a storm hit. You can watch the latest video here:   She is doing an incredible job taking care of them all.  I've decided to not sell these babies but let Helen raise them for as long as she'd like.  Eventually some will have to be sold. 

Martha has a brood of 12, also three weeks, that I will be selling.  They are lavender/black splits and are all black.  If bred back to a lavender they will produce all lavenders.  I will likely keep a few of these for that purpose.















Thursday I headed to Maryland to help my elderly mother, but not before I spotted the three week old guinea keet that escaped it's enclosure the day before.  We looked and looked but never found it.  Then yesterday morning we spotted it near some brush.  Again tried to catch it, but other than providing entertainment for the neighbors (again) we weren't successful.  Hopefully it will make it's way back to it's siblings and we can nab it - before the fox does.

Meanwhile, weather reports are calling for heat indexes over the next few days up to 114, so last night and early this morning we prepared as best we could.  Everyone is in shade with plenty of fresh water.  Those I could turn out are out.  So far, all is well.

My garden is surviving the heat fairly well.  I've tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers, jalepeno, and cucumbers.  Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment