Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Saturday, February 25, 2012

So Thursday was another adventure with Grammie.   Cane waving, rogue scootie chairs, barnacles (don't ask), "I just made it yesterday!" Vegetable(?) Soup (run away! run away!) and lots, lots more.  I definitely need to write about it when I have more time.

Friday was difficult.  Things tend to eventually catch up with me and apparently yesterday was one of those days.  My tipping point.  Anyway, went to bed at 7:30 p.m. and slept twelve hours.   I'M BETTER NOW!  LOL!

Spent the morning taking care of the animals, moving pens, sorting chicks, pulling new ones from the 'bator and into the brooder, and just sitting and watching everyone.  It is my happy place.  Mary the goat was loose and followed me around the yard while I did my chores.  Love that silly goat.  She has no clue she's a goat, btw, and still paws at my leg to get me to pick her up.  Not kidding.


Mary

Tried my best to sort out some hens to sell.  It is SO HARD for me to give them up.  But, I need the money so I guess it will be some of the Cuckoo Marans and maybe a Blue Orpington hen or two.  Looks like Barb is interested so I guess I'll call her.

I also have three Lavender Orpington cockerels that I need to sell.  Beautiful, but I only need one.  If they don't sell, yes, I will butcher them.  It is crazy for me to put money into these chickens and then GIVE them to someone else for them to eat when I can't afford my own groceries.  It is something I need to learn how to get past and just do. 

In the mean time, I have 29 Cuckoo Maran and a couple of Splash Orpington chicks for sale.  $6 each.  Come and get 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment