Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Friday, February 17, 2012


Drove to Bluefield today to visit LizzieBeth. So great to see her sweet face. Doctor, Wal-Mart , supper , then to the hotel. Lizzie had homework so I headed to the pool w/ my trusty floatie, anticipating the serenity of bob bob bobbing about in quiet bliss. And then I opened the door.

Apparently the hotel is hosting a day care convention. Actually it was just a family with four boys. Four boys desperately in need of seriously large doses of Ritalin. Their mother gave me a weak smile as I waded in. She looked tired. I’m sure she was hoping the pool would wear them out before bed. Ha. I spent the next half hour clinging to the side corner surfing the waves, the father occasionally shouting to the children not to jump on me. When they finally left they ran screaming out the door with just as much enthusiasm as they’d had in the pool.

I was thrilled they were gone and finally relaxed and began to swim… which is when I noticed my cell phone. The cell phone I had conveniently placed in my swim suit top on the way down to the pool (yes, in that special pocket). Can you hear my heavy, heavy sigh…


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have started a blog! Someone with a nuttier life even than mine! Really, you write so well and make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! You were Born to Blog Aunt Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. It's true. I can talk to myself all day! LOL! Btw, thanks for taking Grammie to the doctor Tuesday. It would have been quite the whirlwind trip for me to get there in time. Anyway, I know it can't be easy for you to take the kiddo's PLUS the Grammie wagon to a doctors office. THANK YOU.

    Anyway, I keep trying to get to your house at a reasonable hour but it never happens. I want to take pictures of the children. I barely have any and I have my new camera which I have finally figured out how to use... sort of.

    Oh, and Rebekah's bunny Daisy is going to have babies. Want one? Let me know. We'll be taking them to the petting zoo's so they will sell quick once they're out there. I'll save one for you if you want. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete