Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Got up this morning to discover the car had a flat tire.  I have no idea why.  Perhaps it was the ghost of Celery past.  Anyway, after staring at the tire for several minutes and it not magically reverting to UNflat tire, Ben and I eventually decided to take action.  Ten minutes of helpful suggestions later, Ben asked if I might go in the house and make him some breakfast.  Things inexplicably clicked along fairly quickly after that. 

Anyway, Ben managed to change the tire and I took the car in to the tire place.   I sat there for an hour or so commiserating with the other tire store victims as one by one we awaited our ransom notes.  Thankfully my tire was repairable and soon I was on my way to pick up Rebekah from Grandmar and Grand Dad's house.  She's been there since Saturday, spending time w/ Gregg's folks.  She makes this visit once or twice per year.   When I arrived Grandmar and Grand Dad looked sort of desperate and glassy eyed and I noticed Grand Dad had his hearing aide turned down (or maybe off).    Rebekah's bags were packed and in the hallway.

I now sit here at Chic Fil A waiting for 7 p.m. when I can go home.  Home.  Hoooommmme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment