Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Monday, February 20, 2012

Cuckoo Maran pullet peeps in the brooder.  Ameraucana, Silver Spangled Hamburg, and Silkies beginning to pip. (As Crabcake the cat sits with anticipatory delight atop the 'bator.)  Blue Black and Splash Orpingtons hatching next week.  LOTS of peeps waiting to pop! 

Splash Orpington Hen "Dot"
Some of her chicks hatching this month.

Meanwhile I'm getting grief from my sister re Walks With Celery's untimely demise and the 4-H club is plotting Petting Zoo's to raise money for the upcoming show.

Lizzie called.   Said they had a foot of snow, no electricity, and canceled classes at her college today.  You know, she really didn't seem all that sad about it.  :0)  She also wanted to make sure Celery was no one she knew....

Oh!  And my phone!  I can't believe it but it still works!  I could have raised GOLDFISH in that thing yesterday and today... Dry and working.  I put it in a bag full of  uncooked rice and ta-DAH!  Dry as a bone!  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment