Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Total Recall - another story in an effort for a slight reprieve from all things virus



This was several years ago. Don't have the date, but it's been a good while. I do remember it very well, and Gregg still jokes about it.

I forgot my name the other day. I did. I mean, I know many of us joke about being so addled we forget our names, but really, have you ever actually done it? I introduced myself to someone the other night who was interested in their children joining our 4-H club. To be fair, I was at an event with my younger 4-Her’s AND their dogs - along with a building full of other people and their dogs, most of which were not trained. (Dogs either. Arr arr.) Anyway, I was spending most of my time trying to keep everyone alive. This lady approached me in the middle of it all. Here follows the conversation:

Me: Hello. I don't think we've met...
New Person: Hi! My name is Linda!
Me: Hi, Linda, my name is Rebekah!

My friend Patti, standing beside me, looks at me as if I need medical attention.

Me: Oh! I'm sorry! What was I thinking? That's not my NAME! My name is...
Cindy's Brain: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Patti: CIIINNDEE.
Me: Cindy! Oh my! Yes! Cindy! Rebekah is my DAUGHTER'S name...

Then I try to explain why I couldn't remember my own name, but when you've just met someone new and introduced yourself as your daughter, then needed second party assistance to come up with your OWN name… well… it's fairly unsalvageable at that point.

New Person: Ummmm.....I think someone's calling me.... ~ New person's dust trail exits across arena ~

I never saw her or her children again.


Please note all stories and everything else posted here on this blog is copyrighted material and may not be shared.  Instead, please provide a link back to my blog if you'd like.  Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. lol I know the feeling. When I get really stressed, to the point of panic attack, I tend to forget absolutely everything. Including my name, or how to breathe.

    ReplyDelete