Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Sunday, March 15, 2020

We are PAUSING from all the virus fears and instead offering some chuckles. Here's another.

I'm just going to keep putting these things out here until things are better.

From 2011:

As you may have figured out by now, life is pretty crazy around here on any given day. So when I had to return the call of an important cu$tomer, it required some preparation. First, I alerted the fam to tell them they MUST BE QUIET and at least feign sanity for the next few minutes. Everyone is given a hairy eyeball Mama glare. I then head for the bedroom, close the door, head for the bathroom, close the door. I listen. Silence. SANCTUARY! I dial the number and stand at the window gazing out over my flocks. I am in my happy place.

The lady picks up and… Just as I say hello I see a FOX walking across the yard towards my chickens. “Hello,” I say, trying not to sound alarmed. “This is Cindy Lou Willson returning your call. Thank you for your interest in our Labrador Retrievers ...” Meanwhile I am throwing toothbrushes and such at Gregg trying to get his attention and mouthing the word FOOOOOXXXX!!!! Gregg blinks and stares at me, no doubt thinking I’m just having some new ... episode. The woman, being a normal person is still chatting away. I am half listening, whispering past my hand… GET THE GUN!!! Gregg is still looking at me blankly because HE CAN’T HEAR ME. The lady on the phone can though.

Lady: Hello? Is something wrong?

Me: Ummm… I’m sorry. We’re having a problem. I’ll have to call you back. CLICK!!!

So... Gregg gets the gun but by now the fox has high tailed it. No doubt to be back later for dessert. So. I sit down on the couch with the phone and redial the lady. Hello, she says…..

It turns out to be an answering machine. I attempt to leave a message but my words are drowned by a baby goat shrieking at the top of it’s lungs. I cannot describe to you how loud this sound really is. Rebekah has brought in a baby goat and it wants it’s bottle. It is SCREAMING. It sounds like someone is being murdered in my living room. Now, remember. I’ve just hung up on this woman after she’s heard me say, GET THE GUN. Now she has on her answering machine what must sound like someone screaming so violently and so loudly it is drowning out my voice. Why the police did not show up on my front door step, I have no idea. In any event, the lady never called back. Go figure.
  
Please note all stories and everything else posted here on this blog is copyrighted material and may not be shared.  Instead, please provide a link back to my blog if you'd like.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment