Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Varmints











This is all that is left of three blue Ameraucana hens and a guinea fowl.  This happened sometime last night.  They were drug from their coop, killed, and eaten.  My pens are very secure but I found one small spot that could be an entry/exit point.  It is so small I am fearful 
this is the work of a weasel.  Weasels are extremely bad as they can get into the smallest space and kill everything.  I have moved the remaining hens and rooster into another coop.  Hopefully we will be able to catch the culprit. :(  Thankfully my sweet BlueBelle was unharmed as well as one of my old lady lavender Ameraucana hens I've had for years.  But losing three barely year old hens (and a guinea) to a predator is a hard pill to swallow. 

On a HAPPIER note:  Helen is setting again!  She doesn't know it yet, but she will be raising TURKEYS! :)

2 comments:

  1. awww I feel bad for those poor babies :<

    and a chicken raising turkeys, u def need to make a video about it. Or multiple videos. Heck, make her a whole reality show, "keeping up wih the coop" or something XD everybody needs to see it, they just don't know it yet

    ReplyDelete