Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Updates from Buc~A~Buc

Well, here we are in MAY.  The virus is still ... the virus.  But here at Buc~A~Buc life goes on in our little spec of the world.

Update on my Buff Orpington.  Unfortunately, the latest eggs once again turned out NOT fertile.  I have all but given up getting a fertile egg from my rooster.  It is a pity as he is a very pretty boy and a wonderful example of the breed standard.  But - if he is not fertile, he is of no use, no matter how perfectly pretty he is. He developed an abscess over a year ago, and this appears to be when his fertility tanked.  SO, this past weekend, after a long search, I found another rooster.  He belonged to an elderly fellow who sure was proud of him.  I did not have the heart to disagree.  I bought him and brought him home.  Unfortunately, he is not something I want to use for my breeding program.  He IS pretty, but not a good (enough) representation of the breed.  So.  The search continues.  In the mean time I am using him simply for chicks to be sold as layers and not for breeding.


In happier news I just hatched a pile of Blue/Black/Splash, White, and Lavender Ameraucana chicks,  Guinea keets, and a handful of Heritage Bronze turkey poults.  All the keets and poults are spoken for.  I still have over a dozen blue and black Ameraucana still available.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time working on my website.  It is going SLOWLY, but I am getting there.  I will be including a section on the many coops my son has designed and built and offers for sale.  Below are some of his recent creations. 















No comments:

Post a Comment