Greeting Cards from Buc~A~Buc Farm

Thursday, December 5, 2019

The adventures of Grammie. Part forty eleven.


Another day in the life glimpse of what goes on around here.  For background, Grammie is my 90 year old mother. She lives about three hours from me in an Assisted Living facility. I take care of her paperwork and bills, take her to get groceries, shopping, doctors, etc. once per week. She has a mind of her own and is quite the character. This happened about five minutes ago.

Grammie just called. 

Her opening line:  I just called the COPS. 

Me: (chest has an immediate spasm) “You called the COPS?!!!” 

Grammie: Yes, but not on PURPOSE.  But they helped me. 

Me: HELPED YOU WITH WHAT? 

Grammie: Getting my scootie fixed. 

Me:  Getting your scootie fixed??!!!  The COPS helped you get your scootie fixed?

Grammie:  Yes!  They called the right number for me and got the scootie chair place on the line and stayed on the line until I had an appointment. 

Me: Oh, so you ACCIDENTALLY called the cops and they helped you get the right number.

Grammie: NO! I called the right number. 

Me: You called the cops on purpose?

Grammie: NO! I called the right number but the cops answered.

The conversation continued but you get the gist.  Kudos to her local police department - or whatever police department she connected with.

No comments:

Post a Comment